Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...and Baby Makes Three

Mike and I are happy to announce that we are are expecting our first child. We found out a few months ago and we are so excited. Mike has already starting cleaning out his "CB room" to make way for the nursery. Of course our parents are very excited as well, this will be my parents' first grandchild and Mike's mom's second grandchild.

The first few months were quite an adjustment. No more spending long days at work as I was not feeling well and I was exhausted all the time. I had a lot of morning (afternoon & evening) sickness. I am so lucky to be working from home. Now that we are into the fourth month, I am getting my energy back and feeling much better.

We had our first ultrasound at the end of May and our due date is December 31st. We are going to have a second ultrasound in a few weeks and will know if our new addition will be a boy or a girl, though Mike is sure we are having a boy. Boy or Girl we couldn't be happier with our new addition to the family. :)

2 comments:

Kendall and Kari Elkins said...

Wow!! That is such exciting news. You may just end up with the first baby of 2010. That would really be something. We are so excited for you. I am glad you are past the first three months. It gets better from here and then, right at the end, it gets hard again. You'll do great!! Keep us up to date and we will let you know too when our little guy arrives.

Heather J said...

Camille and I are chomping at the bit to find out if we have a New Year's baby to congratulate you both upon... Let us all know and post pictures.
Lots of love,
Heather